Wednesday, January 28, 2009

29 is just around the corner.

I am excited for my birthday on Friday. I will be the big 2 -9. It is not a milestone birthday, or a "golden" birthday (which is next year - hooray!), but I love my birthday and the idea of another year to try to be a better me. I think 29 will suit me well.

I love birthday surprises, but Steve is usually not very good at being discrete about gifts. I can usually figure out my presents even if I don't mean to. (Sorry Steve. I was a detective in another life). HOWEVER, this year... there is a slight twist to the birthday present and the birthday present "figuring out..."

Steve told me that he got me something at Circuit City, but then returned it when he heard Circuit City was going out of business. He hasn't replaced the returned item with another idea, so I think I may be getting an "I want to get you this, but wanted to make sure you wanted it first" kind of present. If I don't want it, he doesn't want to chance not being able to return it because the store is, um, gone. If I do want it, he has gone through a lot of work in looking it up on line, buying it, returning it, and looking it up on line again. For his hard work, I hope I want it.

I really can't think of what he would be buying me from Circuit City - or what he would buy me that he is so nervous that I wouldn't like. I can't think of anything Circuit City-esq that I have been wanting. I guess if I don't want it, I am glad he took it back. If I do want it, the birthday "IOU" will be traded in for the real item as soon as I can.

Don't get me wrong, I really like surprises for birthdays, but sometimes my mind won't stop turning over the little clues that he has given me (sometimes unintentionally) until I have simply figured him out. This year... I know where it was purchased and how much it cost. I know it was small enough to fit under the guest bed, and that it cost $100.00 dollars more at Target for the exact same thing. Oh, little present, what could you be?

6 comments:

lisa louise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lisa louise said...

do you have wii yoga? i sure hope thats not it, so i didnt spoil the surprise. it was great to see you, hope its not long till next time.
:)
sorry about the deleted comment.

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday.

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday! Hope you had a wonderful day!!!

Hansen Family Blog said...

Yeah we are the same age again!!! 29 is great! Happy late birthday Beaver Buddy!

BYU Hottie said...

So, yep, I missed your birthday. Shame on me! But I am very impressed with your excitement for your 29 year. And inspired too. thanks! :)
Beth Farnsworth Reeves :)