Saturday, May 17, 2008

Lifeless body.


We have a mole in the back yard! Last week, when Steve was in Arizona, I came home from work and found a small little mole hole in the back yard. I promptly texted Steve to let him know. I kept laughing thinking of him at the conference, dreading the damage that the small creature could do while he was gone. The next day, another hole popped up in the backyard. Before Sunday rolled around, there were three little holes.



Steve and I decided that we needed to get rid of the mole before the backyard became all dirt and no grass. We looked up natural ways to get rid of moles.

Option 1: Watch for the mole and when you see him come out of his hole, put a shovel into the ground to block him from going back down. Then, take a hammer and start pounding the earth until the mole dies. Remove the lifeless body from the ground and dispose of him. SAD!

Option 2: Put Cayenne Pepper down the hole. The pepper will burn and itch the little mole's body and he will likely leave. SAD again!

Option 3: Pour Karo Syrup down the hole and hopefully the mole will eat too much and get a stomach ache. Perfect.







Steve is gone again, (this time to Chicago - go Cubs, right?) and I tried the Syrup method, hoping we will not have to resort to Option 1!





7 comments:

lisa louise said...

i personally like the lifeless body option!!! hahahahahahahaha

Emilee said...

Did it work?

Angie said...

I think so! There are no more little holes popping up! It has been almost a week now!

Emilee said...

Hooray. We have voles that are little field mice and they dig holes too. I should try the syrup, maybe it would make them go away!

Cathy said...

Soooo...how does giving the little creature a stomach ache make him leave your yard??? I'm very confused. I keep picturing a little ball of fur with a hardhat like the one from Winnie the Pooh. :D)

Angie said...

The mole will want to find another lawn to eat... that doesn't hurt his stomach. :)

I kept picturing the guy from Mr. Toad. That is why I don't want to kill him!!! :)

Nanci said...

I'm very sad for your mole! I would want him to stay so I could look at him! I hope he doesn't go to another yard that is shovel friendly. I can't believe you could shovel a little blind animal to death! What terrible advice!