This year, since we will not be home in Utah for the holidays, we have had to get a lot of our presents online, with delivery straight to Emilee's house. I decided to go to Walmart.com and buy a few presents for Max and Ryan. I found these cute little transformers. The little robots looked kind of small in the picture, but then after careful review of the description, which said that they were 2" by 2" by 10", I thought, "ten inches is not small, the picture must be deceiving." I purchased the presents for Em to go and pick up at the local store. Em went there with her cute little receipt in hand and picked up one of the transformers. I was on the phone with her when she picked them up and she said,
"they are cute."
I said, "Cute? They are supposed to be transforming robots. Do they transform?"
Em - "No."
Ang - "What!, how big are they?"
Em - "Um, about the size of my pinky finger."
Ang - "What!"
Em - "The boys will like them."
Ang - "NO WAY! Take them back!"
Needless to say, shopping online is not all it is cracked up to be!! The Christmas shopping is getting done, but it brings a totally different feel to the holiday.
4 comments:
ha ha - they were really little! I was laughing so hard. My boys will like anything :)
Thanks for your comment on my blog. It felt so good to know that someone has actually benefited from my book list. Thanks also for your insight on MiddleSex. It is not on the top of my list at the moment but I will get to it eventually. Please let me know if you have any other books you recommend. I am always asking people what their favorite book is and trying to get ideas.
That will teach you not to shop at Walmart! :) You should rent Leah's dad's movie "Walmart: The High Cost of Low Price."
Angie,
I am going to miss seeing you this year for Christmas but it will be fun to see you at Beth's wedding in March. I hate that you all live so far away but I am glad that you have a blog so I can keep up on things. Online shopping can be fun, but it is good to see some things in person!
Love you,
Aunt Cathy
Post a Comment